IV Therapy can be a fantastic immune booster to replenish lost nutrients, boost your health, fight illness, improve memory and concentration, and increase energy and vitality. One such IV Therapies is the Myers Cocktail. With only top-quality ingredients from board-certified compounding pharmacies and no preservatives or additives, we can meet your individual needs and restore your sense of well-being through a variety of IV therapy options. Let’s take a closer look at what IV therapy is and how it functions.
IV therapy refers to the infusion of fluids and liquid vitamins and minerals directly into a vein. Contemporary IV therapy has been in existence since the 1990s, although recognition that medications could be delivered directly into veins goes back to the 1600s.
IV therapy is commonly called a “drip” because the liquid is administered in a regulated manner over a period of time, usually around 30 to 60 minutes. Intravenous administration of fluids and medications is the fastest means of delivery to the body, as opposed to oral administration of these substances, which requires passage through the digestive system before reaching the bloodstream.
Advantages of IV therapy include:
- Therapeutic agents may be delivered in sufficient quantities to yield the desired results, whereas oral administration is often restricted due to inability of the stomach and other digestive organs to tolerate large quantities of the needed agents.
- Direct delivery of therapeutic agents into the bloodstream means that stomach acids, digestive enzymes, and the inability to physically transfer therapeutic agents from the digestive system to the bloodstream do not interfere with or impede the process of delivering desired substances.
- When therapeutic agents delivered orally do reach the liver, the liver may compromise the efficacy of those agents or even completely eliminate them.
- Dosage of therapeutic agents via IV therapy is more precise because there is 100 percent absorption of the therapeutic agents, with no interference from the digestive system, which reduces the strength of the quantities administered.
- Superior’s highly skilled and experienced staff administers IV therapy safely and effectively, with the comfort and safety of the patient as the top priorities.